Today was Kennedy's appoitnment with Dr. Lewis. It has been six months since we last saw him and boy have things changed. In those 6 months we got Kennedy's complete diagnosis (gene mutation,) she began crawling and she definently has become more aware of what is goign on around her. Today I saw her look at Dr. Lewis as he approached carrying a bottle of drops and wearing a crazy head piece. Lets just say that Daddy laid down in a chair with her, mom restrained her head and Dr. Lewis pried open her tiny eyelids.... Kennedy screamed! When that was all said and done we got the news for the day. Although it was somewhat expected and anticipated it still stunk to hear. Our precious baby must have glasses due to her astigmatism. Other than that he said she was super. He confirmed that type OCA4 Albinism is generally and most commonly the best form of Albinism to have in respect to vision. I knew all your prayers were working!!!!
We did decide with Dr. Lewis to make a change to Kennedy's care. Rather than drive to Houston every 6 months we are going to switch things up. Dr. Lewis would like us to see Dr. Stager here in Plano every other visit. Basically we will see Dr. Stager and Dr. Lewis each once annually. We decided this for a few reasons:
1. It is very hard on us making quick trips down to Texas Childrens
2. Dr. Lewis specializes in Albinism but does not perform any muscle surgeries on the eye which is a possibility in the future and Dr. Stager does
3. We will have a contact right here in the area
4. They each have different things to bring to the table in respect to her treatment
Upon leaving the doctor we got completely lost in Houston. Who knew that I10 took you to 45 North?! Yes, my husband did say a few choice words. For those of you who know him you know that we must have been REALLY lost for Justin to get upset in any manner especially to use an explicit. I knew we were in trouble! He pulled the car over in.... lets just say that the moment he got out to ask for directions I locked the doors and said a prayer that we could get out of dodge before there was an armed store robbery. YIKES!
We arrived back in Dallas at 4pm and headed to Dallas Youth Optical. Melissa, the lady who works there, is very familiar with us. Afterall, we have frequented the store for replacement glasses for Brooklyn often. We decided on some wire frames with curled ear pieces. $243 later we placed our order. I will post a picture as soon as we get the glasses. Should be a week.
I am too tired to post about all the fun we had staying at Justin's best friend's house Sunday night. Tommy was out of town due to a death in the family so we stayed with his wife and one of the guys friend's- Grant! I will download pictures soon!!!!
Off to take a shower and then hit the sheets!!!!!
11 years ago

2 comments:
God is so good! Glad to hear about the good doctors appointment. And I can't wait to see your cutie in her new glasses.
Miss seeing you!!
I am so glad to hear that the appt went well for you. I know that you have many people cheering for your family.
Post a Comment